Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So it didn't go Well?

This was the look on my face when I walked in the door. I knew Garran knew that it did not go well. He came over immediately So we are under all kinds of weather advisories today. They are saying not to leave your house under any circumstance. Well they do not have children. So today we had planned to do laundry. Living on campus we have to go to a laundry mat. (Which I hate with every fiber of my being, and it gets worse every time I have to do laundry here) Back to my story. When I woke up this morning I had to run to the store. It was about 15 degrees outside, which is not to bad (I know all my southern friends, I can not believe I am saying that either) Anyways I just had a pullover on, some gloves and a hat. Later that afternoon the wind started to pick up and I thought I had better get cracking on that laundry before the weather gets bad, just in case our local weather man was right about this crazy storm we are supposed to get. So we get the laundry together and I told Garran I would take it. I honestly just needed to get out of the house for a little while and have some piece and quite time to myself. Ok... Well Garran loads the van up and I head off to the laundry mat. Before I get out of the van I look and my temp thing says 0. I thought well, I guess we might just get a little snow after all. From the short 3 minute drive from my house to the laundry mat it was like the gates of the arctics most inner circles had opened up and they were trying to suck my right out of the parking lot. IT WAS FREEZING. It was the most painful cold I have ever experienced in my whole life. I am trying to unload my three baskets with the wind whipping around me like I am in the middle of some freak snow tornado... It was HORRIBLE! So I am trying not to cry because my hands are hurting so badly and I am slowly dragging my laundry across the parking lot. Low and behold a hugh gust of wind came right up behind me and you guessed it, there went my laundry two baskets all over the parking lot. Socks, pants, our unmentionables =). I honestly thought to myself... What have I done today to deserve this. I am running around the parking lot trying to pick up our clothing only to have what I throw in quickly blowin back out.... Needless to say I really dislike where we live more now then ever .... Maybe tomorrow I will feel different. Here is how I will more than likely feel tomorrow!
Just in case you can't read the cartoon it says "If you have not found the car by noon, I'm going back to bed" =)

3 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

I have lived here or NY my whole life and I STILL hate this weather! People always tell me I would miss winter if I lived somewhere else, but I honestly don't think that is true! I probably couldn't live some deathly hot (like Southern Texas), but I could handle KY or TN on days like this. At least you can think, I don't have much longer!
I hope you are having a better day!

Krista said...

oh dear! I am feeling you! Tui is sick and I had to run out to get meds. Not fun!

Christi said...

I still don't understand why the University doesn't cancel classes. The students don't have a choice but to walk down in that. Ugh.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com