Thursday, January 31, 2008

Please I am dying to know what people think about this???


While the Backstreet Boys are reportedly on the verge of getting dropped from their record label and while NSYNC seems like nothing but a distant memory, the group that started it all may be back to fill the boy band void. New Kids On The Block, the boys that gave teen girls plenty to scream about in the late 80s and early 90s sent a message to fans - via their recently revamped website - that an exciting and ground-breaking development is in the works. Accoring to E! Online, People magazine has reported that the development is that all five New Kids (Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood) will soon be returning to the pages of teen magazines as they put back together the once-fractured group. There has been no official word by the group but the site seems to state the obvious. As a fuzzy television set flickers on and off, different photos of the group flash by. "They rose from the streets of Boston," the site says. "To become the biggest band in the world. They influenced a generation. They sold over 70 million albums and grossed more than one billion dollars. Five multiplatinum albums, 10 top 10 singles, five number one singles. Then they walked away from it all. Millions of fans around the world await their return. Are you ready?"

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

If they redid some of their old songs, I would be all over that! I went to see them in concert with Stephanie Gruber when we were 10 and ohmygoodness, I loved them! I would have to look for my huge Jordan pin to wear (it was like the size of Dallin's head).

and your Flashback Friday can include me, I just hope I don't weigh 15 pounds more than I do now, 5 months pregnant!! Be kind to me Meghan!!

Krista said...

I have to admit that I was in LUV with Jordan Knight. However, somethings do not get better with age. It will be fun to watch though!

Christi said...

Is it a sad comment to say that I had barely scrolled the picture up and knew exactly who it was? I never saw them in concert and I was only ever "fortunate" enough to have the Hanging Tough tape, but I knew every single word still my freshman year of college. And I, sadly, had the tape with me at college I think. I thought that one in the video with the Batman shirt was cute... that was a long time ago. My loyalties have wandered over to the country stations, so I doubt I would even know if this ever came to fruition. Hmm.... very interesting. They must all be broke. I heard that's why the Eagles got back together and why bands do this type of thing.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com