Friday, January 11, 2008

NO REST FOR A MOMMY... EVEN WHEN SHE IS SICK!

WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS BOTH GROSS AND FUNNY CONTENTS-READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
So my family has recently been struggling through some horrible stomach virus or flu or something. We have all had it and it is terrible. I mean completely awful. It includes a large amount of getting sick. With young kids that do not understand the concept of trying to make it to the bathroom, it has been a very messy two weeks. Well anyways yesterday was my turn to have the worst of it. I was miserable all day long. Anyways here is the humours part of the day. Garran had left to run a few errands including going to the store and getting some sprite and things like that to try and help settle my stomach. So both the boys were napping when Garran left, so I would be able to continue to rest while he was gone. However about ten minutes after he left, Kael decided to wake up. No big deal I thought we will just sit in the living room until Garran gets back and then I will go back to bed. So I turned on something that I thought that Kael may be interested in, and got some toys for him to play with on the living room floor. As I was doing that, I felt the sudden urge to run to the bathroom. Now I was used to getting sick but I was concerned about getting sick in front of Kael with no one there, just because I did not want to scare him. I should have none better. Kael entered the bathroom about mid process for me. I could feel him starring me, and then I see his little head poke between the sink and the toilet. Hence the picture just to give you an idea. Then I hear him begin to laugh and clap. I guess he thinks that I am doing this for his entertainment. But here is the real kicker. As I am finishing up my reason for being in the bathroom all of a sudden there is a bottle in my face and Kael wants some juice.
I thought really. You can't wait like two seconds, I am kind of in the middle of something here. Oh well I guess that when your a mom, your kids just don't understand when you might just need one minute. At least not when they are one and two!
(Just a disclaimer, this is not my bathroom. I hate our bathroom so I did not want to post an actual picture of it on the Internet for everyone to see how ugly it is)

2 comments:

Krista said...

I am dying laughing! That is so sad and yet so funny!
Hang in there and let me know if you ever need me to watch the boys while you go to the dmv, or doctor, or what ever.

Christi said...

guffaw... wow... kael is awesome.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. If you all have been sick with this for two weeks I really hope you don't have the rotovirus thing. Have you talked to a doc?

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com