Wednesday, November 12, 2008

my lil trooper~

today was cullans big day at the hospital. the nursing staff was very nice. they showed cullan all of their cool toys and asked if they could take pictures of him. i guess they do that for all children there to have surgical procedures or other things done. so the nurse and i took some pictures.
this was cullan and daddy when we first arrived at the hospital.

cullan in his scrubs =) they let him pick out his own hat and after a little convincing he put the gown and hat on. isn't he a cute patient!
checking mommys heart!
afterwards, cullan was a little upset coming out of the anesthesia, but the doctor said he did really well. he instantly wanted daddy to hold him and then a little while later wanted me to lay with him in his bed and he took a little nap.
after waking up, he was not happy about his iv, but was pretty good about not messing with it.


after a little while he was not really drinking enough, so they gave him a popsicle and that made all the difference. after that he was his usual talkative self. we were released shortly after. we are home for the rest of the afternoon resting since we had to get up so early. i am glad that he did so well and that this is over.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

SO CUTE in his little Thomas hat after everything was said and done. Good job Cullan!

Frisbies Forever said...

Oh, I hate it when they are sick, but he makes that gown look cute.

Anonymous said...

coming out of the anethesia is always the worst for my kids too! Poor little guy, hope all is well!

Rebecca said...

Glad everything went well. What a little trooper (you are too!). And my boys have those same jammies from Target!! I love them in them! You have such good taste.

Miss ~E said...

What a cutie! Glad he made it through!! I just caught up on your blog, I have to say you have very pretty feet!!!

Hartson family said...

I'm so glad to hear everything worked out so well. I know it was very stressful for you. But it was worth it, right? And yes, he is a super-cute little patient.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com