Monday, November 10, 2008

did you drive? ~

ok so i hope that i can convey the humor of this story.
my friend mandy and i have been going to get pedicures every once in a while, i think this may be our third since like may. so not super often, but every once in a while, we like to treat ourselves. today was one of those days. the reason that i took a picture of my foot was so that you could see my pink toes in honor of having a girl and my lovely pedi flip flops that i am now the two time recipient of winning.
i joke because twice now that we have gone to get pedicures for some reason i end up finishing after my friend mandy. i always get the same line "oh did you drive here?" i automatically now what that means. it means that i will be leaving the nail salon wearing these lovely paper thin flip flops while waiting for my toes to dry. not only is it a little embarrassing heading out in public with these lovely things on but with the current temp at 26 degrees today, my feet were just a little chilly as well. mandy and i had a good laugh at my good fortune of always getting to be the lucky one to wear these to our next destination.
on a side note, usually they have these wonderful chairs that massage your back while getting a pedicure, however the one today was more like riding a mechanical bull! a couple times i thought either mandy or i might get thrown from the chair. i even let out a yelp at one point. imagine i six month prego lady with wet toe nails flying across a nail salon due to being bucked from a massage chair. ahhh what a relaxing girls day!

5 comments:

Ousizch said...

Today I just visited your blog...... and Only support the other blog with my directory. I'm sorry....maybe I don't have a good comment for your post.

hope u can browse here: http://future76.blogspot.com

Krista said...

oh my goodness...you girls;) call me next time...I'd like to see you fly across the room.

Mandy said...

I started laughing at the mechanical bull reference! Oh man, that was good! This was a good laugh to start my morning!

Hartson family said...

That's great... It makes me think of my cousin Deena's October wedding where she arrived to dress with the very same poor excuse for foot coverings after walking the Chicago mall. Her hubby got a manicure for the wedding too!

Rebecca said...

The last pedicure I had, back in June, was great. But, I had to turn off the chair. It too was like riding a bull. I couldn't stand it! But I love what my feet look like, so I guess it's worth it.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com