Monday, September 24, 2007

Staking my claim!!!

This blog may show some of you just how crazy I can be at times but I have to share my victory with someone and I figure you guys will appreciate it as much as anyone else. I have to preface this tale with the fact that I had an on going war with our last neighbors only they had no idea that we were at war. When we lived just up the street from where we lived now, we lived next to a couple that I would refer to some times with great frustration as the "CLOSE PARKER'S". They would park so close to my car sometimes that I would have to climb into my car through the passenger side. Ohhh I really hated that. And I would grumble constantly about how the close parks could never manage to park evenly in between the two yellow lines. But then we moved and my frustration was over. Or so I thought.

Now we live in a different home just down the street. I like the parking spot right in front of my door. HMM why you ask, maybe because I have two small boys and usually groceries and diapers. You get my point. Anyways there is a girl that lives above us and to the left that I believe is newly married and they have NO children. Since they have moved in she has a new love. MY PARKING SPOT! Every time I come home I have to find somewhere else to park. Sometimes it is just one space over. Other times it is farther away. This drives me crazy. I know that it is not my spot but it is my favorite and I don't think I whine about a lot. But I really love that spot. So today I came home from Hobby Lobby and it was empty. Guess who is winning at the moment. MEEEE! I do not plan on moving the car until around lunch time tomorrow. So I am going to enjoy my sweet victory for the next 18-19 hours! Enjoy the picture I made Garran take of my victory.. I don't know if you can see but the spot next to me is empty, just for her =) which by the way is so much closer to the stairs she has to walk up that I do not know why she does not just park there anyway.

4 comments:

jej said...

oohhh meg... :-D

Christi said...

Ohhhh.... I have to say that I am the spot stealer. We don't have a spot right in front of our door (there is no parking lot there as you know, just street) and the closest one is right next to a big cement wall. So we need the next one for convenience in unloading children, groceries, and being able to get into the car if both of us are there. BUT it is right in front of the door of our neighbors (who are REALLY nice BTW)--I know they used to park there all the time and it makes me feel really bad, but it's the mom and her two teenage daughters. I just get the spot when I can get it and remember that it was hers first when I can't. SORRY NEIGHBOR!

Caleb and Marci said...

You are super funny... I love this, I have issues with my neighbors everytime that I come home as well... though it is usually because of their garbage can, which I now enjoy pushing out of the way with my car... hehe. The small victories make every day more fun.

Rhonda said...

You are so funny! Love it!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com