Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A GAME OF TETRIS!

So I do not know how many of you are familiar with the game of Tetras, but I have to admit at four in the morning I feel like trying to get a good nights sleep in our bed is like trying to play a game of Tetras. Last night Kael was super grumpy. So after a long night I gave in and just let him lay in bed with us. To which he was still grumpy. (I know this sleeping angel a grump, but yes he was!) Anyways The more he fussed and wiggled around, the more I had to push back because first he whacked me in the eye with his hand and then accidentally smacked me in the face with his head. I was not exactly happy, but what can you do at 4 in the morning when you feel like keeping your own eyes open is really your biggest challenge at the moment. But as I am sliding over to allow Kael to have his flailing room, I push Garran over more and more so that he is almost off the bed. This is common on mornings like this. Garran usually ends up in a corner of the bed, while I am sandwiched between our two sleeping beauties. So I wake Garran up and ask him to change positions so that I can change the way I am laying. He grumbles half awake and says something to the effect of only ever ending up with a square to sleep in. (Usually with no blankets I might add!)
So we finally get Kael situated and Garran had fallen back to sleep, when like a bolt of lighting Cullan comes flying into our room, half asleep, jumps on the bed and is crawling like a mad man. At this point I am pretty sure he is still asleep, because he does not respond to me, which he usually does if he is awake when he comes in. So anyways we try to keep him away from Kael, as to not wake him up. Again I hear Garran grumbling about his square getting smaller. (By the way Cullan has a great nack for being able to be the most comfortable out of everyone, hence the picture). So at around 7:00 this morning Kael wakes up wide eyed and happy to face the day, Cullan wakes at around 7:45, same way. Garran and I are up in between them and are both looking as if well I am sure this is no surprise, that we have not really slept well. It's 9:41 am and I am ready for a nap already!

1 comment:

Lacey.costner said...

lol, aww poor megan...you are too sweet...I would probably have thrown them right back in their own beds...then again...I'm' not a mom yet...so I'm sure I would have let them in too....I hope you get a good nights sleep soon!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com