Saturday, September 29, 2007

Get Ready, Get Set, Almost Time to Party!

Well as most of you know both of our sons birthday's are coming up. I have been working like crazy trying to get things ready for their party. It is mostly family.. once we get everyone their it is pretty busy, but each boy got to invite one friend. They will have cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles.... It will be busy. Anyways so I decided it would be fun to have a costume party for their birthdays. You only usually get to wear your costume once, so this year we are going to get to really get some good out of it. Even the adults have to dress up. I am super excited for the party. I think it will be lots of fun. So the reason for this blog. I have been trying to come up with fun ways to decorate that will not be to scary but that will be fun for the kids to be around. So we started last night. In one of my family fun magazines they had paper bag gargoyles. I thought that the kids would think they were funny and cute. Here are a couple pictures of our first attempts. I think that we will put them around the house with some little pumpkins. They are kind of silly but fun. Then we started working on the pinata. Cullan loves pinatas. So we have three layers of paper mache. Eventually it will be some kind of pumpkin with arms and legs. But right now it looks like a paper mache easter egg. I am so excited to see the boys in their outfits. And for that matter, I am excited to see Garran in his costume. He is not telling me what he is going as, so it is going to be a big surprise.... I am going as the tooth fairy. It will be fun..

1 comment:

Krista said...

October for your family is like september for mine. We need to have a girls night with lots of oreos!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com