Thursday, September 13, 2007

Attack of the Bees!

So I had to take Kael to the doctor the other day. On the way into the doctors office there was a little bee that followed us from the car all the way up to the hospital. I could not believe the persistence of this little bee. Ok so on the way out of the hospital almost 45 minutes later, we come through the door and there is our little bee following us right back out to our car. For those of you that no me know that I am not into bugs or bees for that matter. So I was trying not to freak out for the kids sake. I was trying to walk quickly and resist the urge to swat at it or just start bolting into the parking lot and screaming like a mad woman. So anyways we get to the car, and I put Cullan in his car seat. Then I come around top put Kael in. All of a sudden there is the stinking bee sitting on the stroller right by Kael's hand. So I thought great what do I do. I did not want Kael to get stung, but I really hate bees and thought if only I could kill it. So just at that moment I look in the van and see a fly swatter. Now why we have a fly swatter in the van is beyond me, but I thought at that moment YES BEE YOUR GOING DOWN! I grab the fly swatter and kill the bee. In my head I thought YES! Problem solved. So I put Kael in the van and then put the stroller away. But as I am loading it up I begin to hear this buzzing sound. I look over to where the dead bee is lying on the ground and there is a swarm of bees. It was like a bee siren went off when I killed it. There were all hovering over the dead one on the ground. I have to admit I was a little scared. I was half hiding behind my van watching them all hover. So I decide to make a run for it. I was thinking they do not know that it was me that killed there little friend. So I go, but they must have known seen me or known it was me because they were on the attack. (This time I did look like an insane person) Once I realized they were after me, I started scream with my arms flailing around. I jumped in the van almost chopping my foot off with the van door. It took me a minute to realize I had made it into the van without any little bees cling to me or trying to bite my toes. Argh I hate bees!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Meghan--you're hillarious!

Stacy said...

And THAT is why Ed quit working at Johnson's Bakery as the donut delivery man!!! There were bees in the van while he was trying to drive all around town! I still hassle him about that!

Rhonda said...

I totally agree with you! I have a serious fear of bees, I HATE them too! I think they follow me because they can smell the fear! I had an experience like yours this weekend putting Brighton into the van, Jeff is half yelling, half laughing at me to just get into the van. I am almost crying because the stinkin thing keeps coming after me and Brighton and won't get out of the van!

Anyway, you have been Tagged! Check out my blog to find out more!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com