Saturday, September 1, 2007

Our big day out in the sun!!!




I don't think you realize how much you really need to be outside and in the sun until you have to sit in your house for a week straight. Today I was feeling stronger and so we decided to take the boys for a walk. It was wonderful outside. It was warm but with a cool breeze. It was just great. We took the boys to the stream near our house and played poo sticks. And we just let Cullan throw rocks into the water, which he thought was absolutely wonderful. It was so much fun. I was ecstatic that I was able to walk with relatively little pain. I mean I am sore from the surgery, but I was so excited to walk without horrible pain shooting down my leg. (not our actual stream, but I did not have my camera) Anyways we then proceeded to walk up to the playground that we have here at married student housing. Cullan was having a ball. He swung on the big boy swings all by himself. He is just getting so big some days I do not know what to do with myself. So I have one more week of taking it easy. Hopefully by next week I will be able to drive though. That will be so nice. I am not good at just sitting around being stuck in my house. Al thought I have to admit that Garran has been very good about taking care of me and the boys and being very patient. He is such a good hubby.. What would I do without him!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com