Sunday, September 9, 2007

FORT GILLESPIE

Well the latest project at our house has been FORT GILLESPIE! We decided to loft Cullans bed and build a fort underneath for the boys to play in. What a great idea, the absolutely love it. It has been the best idea ever. I found the loft in the local swap sheet (great deal), I found the fabric on clearance at Wally World for a $1.00 a yard and the shelf for like a 1.50 I think. Anyways, so slowly I have been trying to get it together. So tonight, we worked on the sign for the fort. I used a small piece of 2X4 left over and our dremel. (Cullan helped as seen in the picture to the left) Anyways, then Cullan and I began painting the sign. Cullan really loved the painting part, but then again he always loves the painting part of anything. So we painted the letters that I had used the dremel to kind of cut out. And this was the first part of the painting effort. Cullan liked to hold it, he kept saying cool, cool. It was very very cute. So then Garran came over to add his extra touch. He and Cullan painted kind of shading onto the letters. After we finished all of the painting, the boys went back in with the dremel again to add kind of a distressed look. It ended up looking great and then we went in and hung it on the fort. That was Cullans favorite part. He thought it was really great. It is so much fun doing things that your kids really enjoy. Cullan really likes to help with all fun craft things like this. I think he will probably really enjoy doing art stuff with mom and dad as he gets older. I hope all of your kids like to do fun things as a family. Anyways so we finished it all up and got it hung. This is the fort so far.. like I said a work in progress but still, Cullan loves it so far, I am sure he will only love it more by the time it is all done. I will have to put the pictures up as we slowly get the fort done. It is something we just do little by little. But it is a fun project to have!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun!! What cool parents! And Cullan is staying in his bed without falling off!? How great! ...and Meghan, I almost didn't recognize him with his clothes on! :)

Stacy said...

I love the picture of Cullan holding the sign! How funny!

P.S. Thanks for watching Jaren and Eden today!

Lacey.costner said...

wow oh the memories...we made forts out of tents and also the sofa...great pirate ship...oh the good times.... that looks super cute and way fun!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com