Thursday, June 7, 2007

Well I made it!


Well just in case anyone is reading this I made it through the surgery. All though there were some moments I had a few scares. Not with me so much but well lets just say things did not go as smoothly as possible. I ended up spending the whole night before my surgery in the ER. I had some crazy unrelated leg pain that is yet to be figured out. And then while I was in recovery just as I was coming out of my anesthia, the woman next to me almost passed away. Apparently she was having problems coming out of hers. I could here them working on here and scrambling to take care of her. I guess in my confussion started calling out for my husband, while trying to get out of bed and pull the nose oxygen thing out. The nurse came over and told me to calm down. She explained that I could see my husband shortly and that everything was ok. She promptly pulled the curtain closed to the woman next to me thought so that I could not see anymore of what was going on. Good thing! It was making me very nervous. Anyways I am recovering at home with a bunch of help from Garran. He has been wonderful through all of this. One thing that caught me by surprise was how many comments we got at the hospital. One nurse that I had right after surgery commented to us right before her shift was over " Are you guys married?" to which we responded yes. She then said "Wow we don't see a lot of couples who are still so sweet to each other like you are." Then a second nurse came in while we were sleeping. Garran of course stayed the night with me. But while she had me up checking my vitals she said, is that your husband. I said yes. She then said wow, you must be lucky, we don't see alot of that. Usually the husbands never stay. Just when I was thinking are these people serious, my surgeon came in to check his handy work and say Garran asleep on the cot. He pointed to him and said "Your husband right" and I said yep. He goes wow that tells me alot about you that your husband would stay with you in the hospital. Who knows what that meant. I did not know if he meant because i was such a great wife he would stay or because I was so needy he stayed. Anyways what are relationships like out there? I guess I just assumed the majority of people out there were like Garran and I. I am not saying there not. But what happened to couples being supportive and sweet to each other? Anybody have any ideas?

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com