Monday, June 4, 2007

Funny Things - Said and Done


So I was thinking today about all of the funny things that happen to me on a daily basis and how I should start making some sort of record of it because I dont't want to forget them. So anyways I thought I would share a couple of them. We have some good friends that live just across the way from us. The oldest daughter, I am pretty sure she is 4 said two things just recently that were very funny. So the first time, we were over at their house playing outside and my son began to get upset about who knows what. A toy or something I am sure. Anyways the daughter says as my son is throwing his fit "Somebody has issues"! I about fell over laughing. Then another time I was watching the girls for some reason and Curls, my oldest had dumped a can of formula on the table while eating something. Doodler my husband jumps over the baby gate from the kitchen and says " Umm Pearly we have an issue", this same little girl turns to me and says, " Oh Pearly, Don't worry, We have issues at our house all the time."

The other day I had Curls and Rewind outside playing. I had been cleaning all day and I had just finished giving them dinner. With any of you who have small children, especially one at nine months who is very grabby, you tend to get a little dirty. Anyways I decided the boys have been good, we should go outside and burn some energy off. Well we get outside and our neighbors little boy is out and some other kids who share our back yard. Our neighbor boy came over (by the way i think he might be 3 or 3 1/2) to where I was sitting in the grass with my youngest Rewind. Anyways he said "Why do you have that shirt on" and I replied "Well because I have been cleaning and feeding my kids- I guess it got a little dirty huh?" he then replied "Yeah you need to go change that nasty shirt, you don't look very good". Ahh the honestly of children.

Speaking of honest children... this will be my last little story.. I was sitting in Primary yesterday listening to Sharing Time. A brother and Sister were sitting next to each other. The sister (younger) was really trying hard to antagonize her older brother. I was watching them thinking if things start to get out of control, I would step in and say something. Anyways so she is poking at him and saying something over and over that I can not hear, but I can tell he is about to lose it. As I inch closer to them ready to step in I hear him say" OHHHH I can not wait till we get home, revenge is so sweet!" I had to kind of laugh. Coming from such a young child, it was somewhat amusing.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Oh how I would love to know who the revenge kids are! I am wracking my brain trying to think of two that would be about the age of sitting next to each other! And don't worry, I think we ALL have nasty shirt days--we just don't get the pleasure of someone commenting on it! BTW. I hope you are okay. I tried to call your house and no one is home yet.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com