Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I need advice..

Ok so maybe some of you moms out there can give me some help on this one. Right now we live in married student housing while my husband is in school. So we share a very nice backyard with about 15 other families. Which at first I thought was great. Ok so here is my problem. Cullan is the youngest by far of the kids that we share the backyard with. But he loves being around other kids. He gets so excited that he can barely stand it when he sees the other kids in the backyard. But the kids avoid him like crazy, I think because he is so much younger than they are. But yesterday we were out side and they were being openly mean to him. One little boy came up behind Cullan on this little sidewalk thing that we have and ran him over with his bike. Litterally ran him over. I was so mad, I said something to the kid. But unfortunaltely this is not the first time they have been violent with him and he is only 19 months. I do not want to be so over protective, I mean I know there are going to be mean kids out there but come on. Any advice. Right now we only play outside during the day because most of them are in school or go to some kind of day care service. But I hate feeling like Cullan can't be outside if those other kids are.. ARGHHH I need help!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to have a chat with the parents! It isn't Cullan thats the problem, the other children seem to be bully's! Sometimes the children that are doing the bullying are being abused and that is there release! And I am not saying that it is by parents but by the there peers.

Mo said...

ok.........it's not Cullan thats the problem. Sometimes a nice chat with the parents will help. But usually the abused by siblings or peers and they are taking it out on someone youger or more helpless than themselves. Keep a watch but don't be afraid to say something.

lsawhill said...

It is because they are older and trying to show that they are more dominant. I see a lot of older kids being mean to the younger ones. What I have done when my kids were being bullied, was to invite the older ones over to play and have them have a chance to have one on one interaction and it seems to help. How much older are the kids though?

Also... I just signed up for this blog thingy and wanted to know how you add friends to this...

~Laura

Rebecca said...

I say get out there and bully back!

The J of all J's said...

I think you should open up a can of "this kid needs a butt whoopin" on that kid and his bike. Poor little Cullan!My initial reaction is get an orange in a sock and beat the tar outta that jerk kid. (doesn't leave bruises) but truth is that honey gets your foot in the door much better. Maybe make some cookies and go have a chat with that mom of his. Besides your so awesome I bet she'd just melt.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com