Monday, June 18, 2007

Art Time Gone Wild






Ok so I decided to try and limit the amount of time that Cullan watches TV. So I have started trying to do things each day that are fun and try to promote creativity. Recently we have done a lot of shaving cream and painting. Cullan really loves it. Today was the first time Daddy was home to do it with us. As you all know my husband is the artist of the family. Well this is definitely ART GONE WILD. We were painting very nicely on this hugh sheet of Garrans art paper. All of a sudden I look over and there is Garran painting on Cullans arm. Cullan is standing perfectly still. Not moving a muscle just looking at himself in the big mirror that is right in front of our table. He had this look on his face like, what in the world are you doing to me. But then he began to really think it was great as you can tell from the big smile on his face in the picture to the right. He was laughing and having all kinds of fun. He thought this was great. He really thought it was fun when Daddy decided that he would take his shirt off too and let Cullan paint on Daddy's tummy. The first thing he went for was Daddy's belly button. He thought it was so funny. He was spreading paint all over Dad with his paint brush. He had the best time. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. I could not help but smile at how cute Cullan and Garran were painting all over each other. I have to admit I helped with both. First with Cullan and then with Garran. I guess it turned into a big family art project. And I am sure you are wondering where Kael was during all of this, well for the

first half he was napping but oh we would never leave him out of good ol' family fun. When he woke up we made sure he got some war paint too. At first he was not to sure about all of it but after he got his own little fingers in it, oh we was definitely ready for the fun. Now that all the fun is over I am dreading walking into my bathroom. I think my tub is probably a wonderful rainbow of hand prints and soapy paint. Oh well, hope you enjoyed our pictures of our art time. Just another look into our crazy lives =)

3 comments:

Christi said...

Impressive! You are a brave soul to even consider painting with two so young.

Rebecca said...

FUN!!!

Mo said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Most people wouldn't have the courage........good for you! You only go around once and wasn't that a memory to treasure. I am glad that Garran got to be there for the frenzy......who was the biggest kid????

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com