Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How many licks does it take?


Ok well today I needed to run to Wal Mart. Cullan had just woke up from his nap and I thought what the heck, he loves to go places, so he came along. We did our shopping and we made our way up to the front to pay for our things. Well of course we went to the self check out line. (I think I have blogged about this already, but I always go to self checkouts. I don't think I am anti-social or anything, I just don't like someone knowing every little thing I get. Is that weird. Its not like I am buying top secret stuff at Wal-Mart. Usually diapers and a few groceries. Who knows, chalk it up to my weirdness!) So we are checking out and Cullan is in the cart being very quiet as I ring our items. As it dawns on me that he is being very quiet, I look and he has pulled one of each of the candy bars off the shelf and are all piled in his lap. (note to self - next time move cart one to two inches to the left) So I begin putting candy bars back in place when I realize that he has opened one of the Snickers! I thought Oh well, he has been really good, and a little treat here and there won't hurt. So as we are walking out to the car, I look at Cullan who is really enjoying his candy bar but I realize he is licking it like a Popsicle or I guess I should say sucking on it like a chocolate Popsicle. I thought well that is funny but who am I to criticize about how he wants to eat his candy bar. When I eat a snickers I eat the chocolate off first and then eat the insides. OH well. I thought at least this way there will not be a big mess. Maybe a little chocolate on his face and no big deal. Well this was the end product by the time we got home and I went to get him out of his car seat.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Meghan, all this time we were so much alike and never knew...I EAT THE CHOLOCATE OFF THE SNICKERS AND THEN EAT THE INSIDES!! (esp if they are the mini ones)

Christi said...

Just remember... I know why you REALLY check out in the self check-out. All you need is that ONE thing, but you have to buy all the other stuff (that will be returned later) because it makes you feel better... and because you just might run in to the missionaries while you are at Wal-Mart. Isn't that the best book?

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com