Friday, October 24, 2008

sweet heart tag~

ok i saw this on another blog and thought it was cute, plus i am up late doing laundry and figured why not. something to kill the time until the dryer goes off.
(i had to laugh..isn't he just super cute!)

  • WHAT IS YOUR HUSBANDS NAME? garran
  • HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED? 4 years and 6 months
  • HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? 10 months...well it was ten months from the start of dating to proposal then an additonal three months and ten days till we were married.
  • HOW OLD IS YOUR HUSBAND?28
  • WHO IS TALLER? garran, by a lot. he is at least a whole head taller than me.
  • WHO SINGS BETTER? garran by far. kael always cries when i sing to him. he has since he was an infant. garran has a great singing voice, but he rarely sings anywhere besides home and sacrament.
  • WHO IS SMARTER? um depends on what you are talking about. he would say me and i would say him. i am better at life situations and dealing with things like that. book smart however goes to my husband. come on he likes to read economic books for fun. (i know makes him sound nerdy,but he is really cool!)
  • WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY? well we both do the actual laundry. however once it comes out of the dryer it is all mine. i am weird about the way things are folded. not so controlling that if he does it, i redo it. however he knows i don't mind folding it and so he just lets me so that i will be happy with how it is folded and organized.
  • WHO PAYS THE BILLS? i do. i have from the beginning. he makes the money and i send it out the door =) i am also weird about money. i have to know what we have and where we are at financially all the time. it does not bother garran as much, but i am a bit of a planner and organizer. it is a nice balance in our marriage.
  • WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? garran
  • WHO MOWS THE LAWN? we don't really have to worry about it because we are renting,but i am guessing when we do it will be both of us. that is something else i don't really mind doing.
  • WHO COOKS DINNER? that would also be me. more just because if garran is even home for dinner it is usually him walking in the door at 6:30. so i cook just so that we can eat when he gets home instead of it being really late. however when he does cook it is yummy!
  • WHO IS THE FIRST TO ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG? usually garran. however i have to admit i have been trying to be better and now most days it would almost be a tie.
  • WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? this is also up for debate. we had dated a little while maybe a month or two and did not kiss. (long story behind that) anyways one night garran was dropping me off at my car and i had to reach behind his seat to get my bag. now hear is where it gets blurry. i say as i reached back for the bag he kissed me. he says that when i reached for my bag, i leaned in and kissed him. i know that is not true, but it is always up for debate.
  • WHO WEARS THE PANTS? i would say it depends on the situation..he might say me =) he likes to tease me and say that he always has to check with the boss..referring to me. i usually roll my eyes and laugh because he knows i worry people will think i am so kind of controlling weirdo!!
well know you know all about us. i tag whoever wants to do this little sweet heart tag. let me know if you do though so that i can read all about you guys =)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

so cute! that's funny that garran likes to read economic books for fun. My hubby downloads ipods to listen to for fun! :)

Lisa said...

oops, I mean economic pod-casts FOR his ipod. :D

Okay, now this is "Hubby"... Garran should check out http://www.econtalk.org/

Meghan, I have no recollection of ever announcing, that I wasn't going to date while there.

Even if I had thought that, I wouldn't announce it.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com