Saturday, October 4, 2008

loving it~

so i know some of you that read my blog may not be to familiar with some of the things that our church does. so i thought i would explain as i blog. every six months they have a big meeting that is broadcast from salt lake city. the leaders of the church give talks on different topics that they feel are relevant to our times. i love it. i am always amazed afterwards at how wonderful the talks are and what great advise they give. it is both saturday and sunday. it sounds long, but it is worth it. todays were awesome. if you are interested at all you can watch them tomorrow by clicking here. Religious or not, they give great council! hope everyone is having a good saturday, we sure are. we had made plans to do one thing, but then changed at the last minute do to other peoples plans changing. oh well. now we have decided to have a new family tradition during general conference weekend. in the end it all works out!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Meg, I agree! I am still making up for some I missed yesterday during my migraine, but I also am so filled with the Spirit. It is amazing how each and every talk applies to my life in one way or another. Today, my Mom watched several talks with me AND she even sang the hymn with me! I was so moved and thankful we had that moment together.

Miss ~E said...

I Love it too! Can't wait until April now!

the freestone6 said...

I loved it too! Sunday was my favorite I think. It makes me miss Salt lake though. By the way thanks for the shoes!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com