Monday, April 28, 2008

Tagged by the 5

Mandy got me so here it goes!

10 YEARS AGO: Hmmm 1998- I was just finishing my junior year of high school. I was so excited about being a senior. I really didn't think things could get much better. I had great friends and seemed to always be having fun. I think I was preparing for a trip to the beach with some of my friends. I love love love going to the beach!

5YEARS AGO: Hmmm 2003- Garran and I had been dating for three months. We had just got back from visiting his sister, who at the time lived in VA. (Very nerve racking meeting his older sister. She was great. I was just nervous thinking that if things did not go well, I was stuck in VA for a week with a girl who would tell her little brother how much she did not like me) Lucky me she liked me. The summer of 2003 was great. I went all over the state it seemed like with Garran and his family kayaking and going to caves, things like that.

5 MONTHS AGO: Hmmm December 2007- Well we had found out that we were expecting the month before. We were super excited. We had plans to visit a lot of family in a very short amount of time. We spent Christmas with Garrans family and suffered some sadness when the pregnancy did not work out.

5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST:
1. Continue packing
2. feed the fish
3. brush my teeth
4. take my contacts out (can you tell i'm getting tired)
5. make some phone calls

5 SNACKS I ENJOY:
1. ice cream
2. jello with whip cream
3. cherries- yum especially during the summer!
4. grapes-but I am very picky.
5. warm toasted bagels and cream cheese

5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF INSTANTLY A BILLIONAIRE:
1. pay off school and not have to worry about loans in the future
2. pay off the van
3. let garran quit his job to focus on school (i know he would love that)
4. buy a house
5. take a much needed vacation

5 BAD HABITS:
1. obsessive..seriously, once i start something I have to finish it. I have a very hard time leaving things half way completed. Once i get something in my head, watch out there is no stopping me.
2. I don't exercise like i should
3. overly critical of things sometimes
4. blogging....I love it. I love blogging about us and I love reading other peoples.
5. not enough patients some days =(

5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1. Urbana Ill
2. Fayetteville, NC
3. Des Moines IA
4. Pembroke NC
5. where I am now.. but that is a secret! =)

5 THINGS PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. I was proposed to before Garran proposed to me. (obviously I said no)
2. I am moving soon... The count down is on.
3. Financially.... I am super organized. I know where every penny of our money is. I have to or I don't think I could sleep at night. (Seriously I should talk to someone about OCD!)
4. I have a hard time saying no to people ( i think I may have said this already in another one of these lists)
5. i like typing in all lower case. no capitals. but i don't always do it. i don't know why. it's my blog!

1 comment:

CarieanneNichole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com