Monday, April 7, 2008

I have been tagged..This is for Rhonda!

10 things you may not know about me!
1. I am a pleaser! I like to try and make everyone happy. I try to do whatever I can to make sure my friends or family are happy with what I am doing. (Sidenote- Lately I have been having real issues with this and am beginning to change.
HELLO HONESTY!
2. When Garran has to work at night I have a very strict routine that I follow. I have it down to what I do, what I watch, what I read etc. It is the same every time with very little variation. I know it might seem crazy, but hey it works for me.
3. I really think that I have OCD. I am not saying this to be funny. I really think that I have it. I have to check doors to our house at night like three times before I can lay down. I hit the lock button on our car at least twice, even though I heard it beep the first time. I know it's a problem, again Hey it works for me.
4. I love taking pictures. I love love love it. I don't have a camera that I love or really even the one that I really want, but someday maybe. I love taking pictures of people, friends, family, epically my kids. I even have a small collection that I have not really told to many people about. You can see it here!
5. I am really freaky about who watches my kids. I know, it's crazy. Some of my family is even off limits. I am just very weird about it. I know that a lot of people are very capable, I am just a real freak about my kids.
You might want to stop know.. this probably is not going to get much better!
6. I have wonderful friends where I am now and will be very sad to leave, but I absolutely have days where I can not wait to go home. Maybe not my actual hometown, but my home state. I really miss things about it, and especially being close to the ocean. There is something about it I have always loved and I look forward to being near it again.
7. This one is really embarrassing..but I tear up at parades. I don't know if it is the patriotic thing.. But it always happens. Not full blown tears but I get a little misty. Stupid I know but it happens.
8. I have always wanted to go to either nursing school or school to be an ultrasound tech. I have looked into it many times, but right now is just not the right time for me. Maybe when my boys are older, I can head back. Right now I am happy with what I am.. A MOM!
9. I met my husband through a couple of my roommates having major crushes on him. haha Funny that I ended up with him.. They were all cutie blonde's!
10. Garran proposed to me while I was watching Brave Heart (TV Version). I was sick and in sweat PJ's. I was not even sure he was actually proposing because of the way that he worded it. Then right after I said yes he looked at me and said ok I am late for work, I have to go. (He didn't know he was going to propose!) I yelled down my stairwell as he was leaving and said... "I think you should come back after work ... we should probably talk about this!" =)
OK I GUESS I AM SUPPOSED TO TAG PEOPLE. YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU WANT!
MANDY, LACEY, NIKI, JEAN, ERICA, MOMOF5GENTS

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanks! You Rock!

Jeanie Doll said...

LOL I've never heard Garren proposal story. So cute!

Naomi said...

I total understand about your homesickness thing. I felt that way when we lived in Utah, but then when we decided to move back to Iowa, I was an emotional wreck! Now, at times I am so 'homesick' for Utah it makes my heart hurt. But I know that if I lived there, I would long for Iowa. Randy really misses the ocean too. He wants to go back to Oregon. Anyway, I completely relate to you about that! I also think it is soooo cool that your boys love the Doodlebops. And they got to go to a concert. That is so cool!!!

Rebecca said...

What fun things to learn about you! (and secretly, Meghan, I think we all have a little OCD in us!!--at least that is what I keep telling myself.)

Krista said...

I think we should do a scary version of this. I think we should do a " ten things you don't know about_______" I could come up with some doozies about some of my friends. I would be scared to see what they wrote about me.

erica youngblut said...

I'm with you on the taking pictures! I love it so much! I hope to get into photography full time someday!! And I had heard through the grapevine you guys were moving back to Waterloo! We are SOOOO glad! It will be great to have you back!! Thanks for tagging me, I shall get to it sometime I hope!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com