Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's not even 9:30 People!


Ok so I was talking to my sister in law Britt today on the phone. I was trying to round up the boys stuff for playgroup and get some things together in our bedroom. I could hear the boys playing and laughing and then I hear and unusual noise but did not think anything of it. I walk out to into the living room to check on the boys. The are both sitting very nicely watching public television. So I start to head back to my room to finish what I was working on. Remember this whole time I am still talking to my SIL Britt. As I am heading down the hallway I think, "That is funny, it smells like some thing is burning." I kind of brushed it off at first because I had made bagels for the boys that morning and sometimes a little piece of bagel gets stuck down in the toaster and kind of smells up the house. But as I and Britt are chatting I think, I had better go check just to make sure.. Well I am glad that I did.. I walk into my kitchen to find smoke billowing out of my oven. I yell into the phone at Britt that I will have to call her back. I open the oven and I see my sons sword and a piece of the wii game cover in the oven, ON FIRE! Flames kind of shoot out as I open the oven door. I scream and think Oh No what am I supposed to do. I started looking around and thought ok this is not grease, water should be ok... So I fill up this big bowl and throw it in my oven.. flames extinguished, smoke everywhere (and still is) My heart is racing and then I turn around to see our fire extinguisher.. Duh Meghan! I guess in the moment I just didn't think. Oh well we are heading out the door to go to play group. I am hoping our day gets better because on days when my house is on fire before 9:30 it makes me a little nervous as to how the rest of our day will pan out!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay that was just a crazy story! I am glad that you guys are all alright!

I saw your comments on Jean's blog and wanted to tell you that travelocity.com was having great deals to SLC from RDU for the next few months. I don't know if you have checked with them or if the deals in your area would be the same, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Look under their low fare alerts. We bought a ticket for Debbie for 248 round trip.

Frisbies Forever said...

That is so insane. Don't you wonder where they get these ideas? In emergencies, it's not fair to judge yourself. At least you got it out! A friend of mine threw pepper on her fire in the oven and it was like someone maced the house! You did good! They had to leave for several hours.

Krista said...

So, Anthony and I have decided to leave our baby gate up untit Tui figures out how to climb over it. Thanks for learning a life lesson for all of us. Sorry it had to be you though!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com