Thursday, April 10, 2008

APRIL 10TH, 2004!

(one of our engagment pictures)
Well folks that's right, today is our anniversary. We have made it four happy years. I was trying to think of what I would post for today. Well then I thought, maybe I should just say how it all started.
Garran had just come back from Brazil. My roommate happened to be in his ward and heard him speak at church. She came home and said.. "Meghan there is this really good looking guy that just got back from Brazil" then she invited him over. When he came over I would say we clicked pretty well, but not in the way you are thinking. We talked a lot and he even told me that I reminded him of his sisters (in my mind I thought,well we will be good friends. I just thought if he thinks of me as a sister, well this will not go to far!) We had a lot in common both being from NC and had some similar interest.
Well time went by and a few of my roommates either went out on dates with him, or really liked him so I never really gave it another thought. I always thought well if he ends up with one of them, that will be good, they are good girls.
Let's see a year went by of just being friends and hanging out and then it all kind of happened like a big bang. Garran was at my apartment with like 5 other girls. We were all sitting around just kind of talking. One of the girls brought up relationships and was quizzing Garran on what he would want in a girlfriend. I had gotten up to go into the kitchen to get something to drink when I heard the following conversation.
girl:So if you had to marry someone out of our group of friends today, who would it be?
Garran: He said probably Meghan
When I heard this I about hit the floor. We had never even gone out on a date. I thought is he serious? But he was. He asked me out a few days later. We had this little joke going about the fact that I am not a hugh fan of facial hair. He had been growing his beard out the whole month of February. Our first date was March 1st, I got to his house and was waiting in his living room. He came down the hallway with a completely clean shaven face. I think I knew then that this might be a little more than I had originally thought! We dated for a year and he proposed that December! All is history from there. We have been through a lot, but I would not change it for the world. Garran is my best friend and I love him more today than I even thought possibly the day we got married. He makes everyday fun and exciting and I feel like he is a perfect match. We always just have so much fun together. I know that the years to come will always be filled with laughter and fun with him around!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Happy anniversary!! I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Rebecca said...

That is such a sweet story...especially the part where he shaved for you. Happy Anniversary!

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!!

CarieanneNichole said...

Happy Anniversary to a gorgeous couple! How exciting! I am so happy that you have a wonderful husband and two gorgeous boys! Love truly is amazing!

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Happy anniversary -- here's wishing for many, many more amazing years to come!

Mike & Mandy said...

Congratulations on four great years! It is so wonderful to see what a loving and warm relationship you have! We will miss you when you move!

Krista said...

Oh Happy Day! I'm singing for you if you can't tell.
Hugs to you both!

Stacy said...

Ok... my eyes just welled up with tears. We are so BLESSED to have found such wonderful husbands, aren't we?! Even though we have our little pet peeves, we have it pretty good I think! :)

Hope you had a grand day! We love you guys!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com