Saturday, October 6, 2007

Staking my Claim : Part 2

So for those of you that read my previous blog about my neighbors know that we have had some parking issues. Well this is my update. So recently she must have gotten the hint, because she has not been parking in my spot. She parks in the one next to it. However I think she is secretly trying to start a mini parking lot war. She now parks so close to my line that I can barely open the door. VERY ANNOYING! (Picture not actual neighbors car, but just to portray the seriousness of the situation, you understand!) So now what to do, what to do. I thought about really trying to come up with ways to solve the situation. Kill her with kindness. Make cookies for her and go introduce myself so that it won't be awkward anymore when she pulls up and I am glaring at her through my kitchen window. She knows that I can see her, that is why she rolled her eyes when I was parked in the coveted spot as she got out of her car one day. Then jokingly I told Garran that I was going to park right in the middle of the two spots right on the line. See how it feels when someone does a bad job of parking and all you want to do is park in front of your house. But alas I worry that I am all talk. I know it will continue for the rest of the time that we both live here with it going the way it does. Every time we see each other smiling and saying hello. Maybe she does not know that we are feuding.... But everyone in my house does! Oh well any suggestions on how to fix this problem... openly welcome. And just so you are wondering.. I am a perfect parker.. I will back in and out just to make sure that I am in between the yellow lines. I want to be courteous to my fellow parkers. Is it to much to expect the same from others?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I would just rev up the van and ram her! :)

Christi said...

Like on Fried Green Tomatoes. "Face it, girls, I'm older and have more insurance."

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com