Friday, October 19, 2007

FLASH BACK FRIDAY!!

So a friend of mine told me about this and I thought that it would be a fun idea. Each Friday I will be bringing a recent or very old memory of mine. Todays has to do with catching some air. It is very Windy today where I live and hence made me think of this memory.



So when I was about 16 maybe 17 I was coming home one night from seeing my friend in a pageant. (I know, I lived in the south) Anyways, it was late and raining. So there is the curve on this back road that I always took home. So my friend and I were going around the curve and I thought that I would adjust the radio. All of a sudden my friend is screaming. I thought what in the world is going on and all of a sudden I heard WHOOOMP. And then I realized that we were flying through the air. If you can image two teenage girls both looking out there windows down at the earth below that was us. So the car finally lands and surprisingly well for the old thing that she was. (My friends lovingly called that car the tank). So I just thought great car landed tires are ok. I'm in the clear. The next morning, my step dad comes into my room and wants to know where my keys are. He was going to do something nice and go get the oil changed for me. Wasn't that nice. Yes it was, until he came home and said is there any thing you want to tell me about. To which I honestly said "NO". He said that when they guy lifted the car up to change the oil there were like roots of plants stuck up in the engine. I said really trying to sound surprised. Fearing the worst I told a lie. I know, not one of my better moments, and I am sure they saw right through it, my mom always says I am a terrible liar. Anyways I told them that at the pageant the night before I had had to park in a field. When I left I hit a hugh pothole and that must have been what happened. Reality check what really happened, that I just recently revealed to my parents oh about a month ago. That back road was notorious for dirt bikers. So as we were rounding the curve that dark and rainy night, when I was messing with the radio, I went off the road and hit a dirt bike jump with the car. That is how we got air borne and how roots and dirt were stuck up in the engine. OH the stupid things that happen when we are teenagers. Hope you enjoyed my flashback Friday. More to come friends.

3 comments:

Mo said...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Stacy said...

Hahahahahahaha... oh my gosh... you'd better watch out what you blog about... I see your mom read it!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! How funny!

Sandi said...

Too funny. Was your Dad surprised when you fessed up? Somehow I doubt it.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com