Friday, October 26, 2007

FLASH BACK FRIDAY!

My Mom!
(No Pun intended with picture, this was here at the boys party, she dressed up as a witch)
So recently I have realized how much I am turning into my mom. Not that this is a bad thing. I just remember growing up hearing her say things and thinking in my teenage frustration, "I will never say that when I grow up". Well this blog is to prove that I am eating my words or I guess there just coming back out I just don't know but I catch myself saying these things all the time. So here is my top ten of things my mom said growing up that I know find myself repeating.
  1. Do you think you can hear that, it is like we live in a theater.
  2. Are those your clothes on the floor? (When we obviously know they are the clothes of who ever we are talking too.)
  3. This one is not so much something she said, but we are crazy if the towels do not get folded a certain way.
  4. Sometimes I think I am talking just to hear myself.
  5. The Look- This has been passed down from generation to generation. My mom knows what I am talking about.
  6. I just cleaned the kitchen..how hard can it be to rinse off your dishes and put them in the strainer. PLEASE!
  7. I just folded those clothes, please put them away before they get all wrinkled and crumpled up on the floor.
  8. I just vacuumed in here and you can't even tell. (Usually because there are crumbs all over the floor)
  9. Why is it no one wants to talk to me or needs anything until I am on the phone.
  10. If you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything at all.

This one I have not actually said before, hence it not being on the top ten but I have to admit I have felt like saying it and probably will in my life time.

When my mom would be frustrated with us, she might go outside or decide to go to the store.. (Breaks are always a good thing!) Anyways usually as she was headed out the door Sara our I would say "Mom, where are you going?" and she would reply "CRAZY"! I always thought that was funny even when she did not.

Sorry mom hope you don't mind me sharing some of I guess now our famous quotes. I am sure every house has them.

Happy Friday Everyone!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I can only think of 8.

1. You kids get on the ball.
2. I expect instantaneous obedience.
3. Do as I say, not as I do.
4. Knock it off or I will break off your arm and beat you with the bloody stub
5. You are as good as the best and better than the rest.
6. There is water ALL OVER THE FLOOR (interpret 2 drops of water)
7. Let's go rim around
8. It's clear as a bell and cold as hell.

Megan said...

Do all moms go to like the same school to learn those quotes?? Because my mom said the same things!!

Mo said...

Isn't it funny the timing of things....I really needed the blog!!! It made me think of soooo many funny times It made me laugh and cry.....I am glad that I can leave such fun memories!!!! You know how that is when everyone gets together....reminicing and laughing... remember when you had been bad?? not very often!! But we were at Nanny's and I turned to you and said, "when you get home you are really going to get it!!!! And you turned to Nanny and said with a big smile and innocent face....hey Nanny when I get home I am going to get it...........she looked at you and said hmmmmmm hmmm Meghan!!!!! We still laugh about that until this day....Love ya!!!

Stacy said...

too funny!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com