Tuesday, October 2, 2007

SPT - MY VERY FIRST TIME!

My friend Rebecca introduced me to this. It looked like so much fun. I rarely post pictures of me on this blog. Usually all of my post are about the kids. So anyways there is another lady named Lelly that started this thing called SPT. Self Portrait Tuesdays. Every Tuesday she gives you a topic and you think about what it means to you and then take a portrait of yourself. So today is my first time, I am so excited. Here is the topic that she gave for this week.

have you *fall*en into autumn yet?

So I thought about this for a while. I love autumn. It is my favorite time of year. I love the leaves changing and the pumpkins. Decorating. The whole nine yards.. Like I said my absolute favorite. However as much as I love it, it is also our busiest time of year. So today it was raining out, kind of typical of this time of year. Cool and Rainy. And so in the middle of of putting away laundry and vacuuming, I decided to take a minute for myself. I *fell* into my couch, propped my feet up and enjoyed the cool breeze of this soggy autumn day. It was relaxing to watch the rain fall, if only for a few minutes.. So here it is my first.. SPT!
For any of you interested in also participating in this fun little idea, you can check out Lelly's blog at http://lellysmusings.blogspot.com/! Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay, you did an SPT! Did you tell Lelly that you are doing it? I took a photo for mine but as usual won't be posting it until at least tomorrow! What a cute post!

lelly said...

i LOVE this spt!! cold and rainy always makes me want to fall onto my couch and relax. only, i rarely take the time to do it!!

welcome to spt!

Rebecca said...

well obviously she already knows you did it, but you should go add yourself to her Mr Linky on the SPT post so that everyone else will see your SPT! It is cute!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com