Thursday, January 5, 2012

once again....


(this mocking face and statement above is exactly how I feel )

once again, here is another reason i should not shop at walmart.
as do most of my recent experiences i was shopping and pushing my cart. 
i was moving quickly due to the fact that i was by myself and did not have much to get. 
i was rounding the corner by the tank where people fill up their water jugs. 
there was a Hispanic family filling theres and other shoppers scattered around. 
as i round the corner, i am suddenly enjoying a new vantage point. that is right, the ceiling.
i all of a sudden find myself flat on my back and in what some might say was a good amount of pain. 
i lay there for a minute, almost in shock. when all of a sudden a women's face is hovering above mine.
she looks at me curiously and says "honey, did you fall?".
I thought to myself for a minute and thought, nope I thought i would just lay here and enjoy this puddle of water!
i was a little frustrated at how many on lookers there were and the lack of help that i received to get up. so i just crawled over to the chip rack and used it for support to get up. my leg was banged up, and so it hurt like crazy when i put pressure on it.  when i finally got to my feet, i felt as thought i should turn around and take my traditional bow, as i usually do after my walmart adventures. but, i didn't. i just pushed the cart off, mumbling under my breath about how much my leg hurt. i am sure the people closest to me probably thought i had hit my head and really lost it. the good news at the end of this story is that i did not forget to get milk. the one thing i went there for. Yippee!

3 comments:

Carie said...

No one helped you up?!?! GAH! Hope your knee is feeling better! Glad you didn't forget your milk!

ALTA said...

Oh my goodness.. you always make me laugh. Don't worry I'm not laughing because you fell, you just have this awesome way of describing things. I love the vivid imagery.

For some reason this reminds me of the time when I fell up the stairs at school and was telling you about it and you said when things like that happen and no one is around to see it you think Heavenly Father is bored and needs a laugh. lol.

Too bad in this case people were around. I can't believe that no one helped you or at least asked if you were ok. Dumb lady... "did you fall" Next time say something stupid like "No I'm just really tired and this is the only place where I can take a break"...

Love you, Glad you're not hurt too bad!

Lisa said...

Man, I think we are lucky to have a pretty good Walmart. I never have experiences like that at ours, but I have been to my Mom's Walmart in California, and it's a different story.

I hope your legs and back are okay.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com