Thursday, January 12, 2012

feeling helpless.

it is miserable to see your child look like this on a regular basis. 
 

it is all over her poor little body and worse then this in spots. these are actually pretty mild. This is all over her back and up into her scalp. it is so frustrating when you have doctors that refuse to do tests to help you figure out what might be triggering these sorts of reactions. so i have decided to do the elimination diet. it is something that a few of my friends have told me about. it is basically what it sounds like. you take all major allergins out of their diet. then you gradually add them back in one by one. when there is a reaction, then you know. I have a sneaking idea that one of her triggers may be red 40. that one is a little harder to catch, but I am going to wait till this outbreak clears up and then try it and see what happens. it seems like such an unfair way to tell. making your child suffer through outbreaks to figure out what is causing it but hopefully i can figure it out quickly. I am also keeping a food journal to try and track what she eats in response to outbreaks. That way if it is not a major allergin, hopefully i will be able to figure out what it is. My last hope is that I am going to start giving her flaxseed in small amounts. I have been doing research online and have found that a small amount of flaxseed each day will help decrease outbreaks and the severity of them. I really hope this works. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Oh Meghan! Poor Briea. :( I really hope that you are successful in narrowing it down. I am soooo sorry. I don't understand why they won't test her! What a MESS!

Lisa said...

Good luck! That's got to be so hard. I hope you figure it out.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com