Saturday, July 11, 2009

party for two~

friday was a busy day at our house! we were super busy making birthday presents for my mom and then around 4:00 we headed out and hit the road to go meet in M-town for a joint birthday party for my mom and aunt patti who is visiting from texas!
i forgot to get a pic of my moms gift but we made stepping stones for her garden that had the kids foot prints on them.
we had a good time visiting with family. below are a ton of family pics. sorry for friends that read my blog-this post is kind for family. just pictures of our gathering!all the kids minus one
george-chris-eldon-patti group shot this time with the parents
chris-george-elrid-velma-pattie-eldon
same group different effect.
still missing one brother!
brother and sisters
tub-betty?-velmaother birthday girl patti
patti and her children andy and im drawing a blank on her daughters name right now.
they were so cute together. it was funny seeing them. the last time i saw them andy was a baby.
of course my gang got a shot! it was so humid this night!!katie-garran-briea
briea just loves katie. we think they have some sort of special connection.
briea just coos and loves katie every time we are together!some more of just the parents
elrid-velma
(i think im misspelling elrids name. someone correct me if im wrong)she wanted to rub noses. he was not having it.
random group shots while waiting for the other brother steve to get there.
this one has....
me-chris-nanny-moehere we are again in color.
chris is georges sister. nanny is my grandmother and moe is my mom!nanny and mommy handsome guy jumped in.
cullan-the big boy!-then just nanny--two generations-
-three generations--four generations-
(check out my crazy hair-thanks fan)
finally steve got there. we were able to get all the kids and parents together. this rarely happens!
-steve-chris-george-patti-eldon-
-elrid-velma-multiple takes. you know how it goes!
happy birthday to moe and patti!!

2 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

I love your family shot. I miss you so much! I wish I could be there to do bbqs and stuff together. I also loved the four generation shot even though Briea was crying. lol Still cute!

Anonymous said...

Meg -
Those are great! I wouldn't have believed those outdoor shots would have come off so well. I love your new family photo that I took! Jeesh - that camera is worth every penny if someone like me can point and shoot and have it look that good! Well done, Meg - your whole family is da bomb(s)!
Love - Auntie M

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com