Thursday, July 9, 2009

humbled~

i guess from reading the last few days of our blog it must seem like life around here has been miserable. CRAZY YES...miserable no!
today i remember why my children humble me on a regular basis and why i love them so much.
this morning i was trying to get everyone dressed and out the door to meet a friend at the park. i had cullan kael and briea dressed and was getting ready to tackle shoes and the diaper bag. cullan went and got his shoes and we got them on. kael then came to me and i asked him to please go get his shoes out of the bedroom.
instead he must have misunderstood because he went in and emptied three drawers of clothing.
needless to say i was not in the best mood. obviously frustrated, kael looked up at me with his big dark puppy eyes and said "i sorry for getting clothes out mommy" but due to my anger i just looked at him and then continued to put his shoes on.
then it seemed like everything went crazy. phone was ringing with some telemarketer, briea was screaming and cullan busted his lip. at this point it was more than obvious that i was frustrated. cullan sat down next to briea and was trying to get her to stop crying by talking to her and trying to give her, her binkie. then as i was putting stuff in the diaper bag i hear a small little voice behind me say, "Mom, I go clean my room. That make you happy. OK?" it was cullan. how sweet was that. then he said "kael you make briea happy, i go clean. ok!
my heart just melted. what sweet boys i have!
after that we had a much better day together playing at the park and running errands.
i love sweet moments like that!

2 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

That was tender!

Britt said...

It is times like that that make you happy that you are a Mom. They also help you to understand why God wants us to be like little children.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com