Tuesday, December 9, 2008

snow day~

today we woke up to frozen roads and a white snowy wonderland. well since everyone has been sick i opted out of letting the kids play outside in the snow for a little while. so we have been busy trying to find fun things to do inside today.
(especially since mom school was also canceled today)
here is what we have come up with so far..... first we painted some pictures.
painting in our house is second nature.
if we can't think of something to do, there is always painting.
while the boys were working on their pictures, this is what garran and i were doing.
each year we get the boys a special ornament.
this year i found a wooden train and plain.
i thought it would be fun to paint them and give them to the boys.
my hope is by the time they grow up and get married, they will have a small collection of memory filled ornaments to start their own family with!

later cullan found this santa hat.
he came and found me and wanted me to take his picture.
this is some pose huh?
know what i like best about it.
no binkies-no diapers!!
of course when kael saw the action, he wanted in on it.
who does not have time for some silliness, right?
so now its almost two, and we are trying to think up some more fun things to do.
right now we are watching polar express.
my kids favorite.
(i had to rent it because cullan has been asking to watch it non stop)
his two favorite things 1)trains 2) christmas

3 comments:

Mandy said...

No binkies, no diapers...and all while you have been sick & pregnant? Do you know magic? (If so, go ahead and make Isaac use the potty :)! Congratulations!

Rebecca said...

You're such a great Mom. My kids would love to paint all the time. And I'm glad to see that the sicknesses are leaving your house!

Christi said...

I thought you had Polar Express? I wish I would have known. It was 2 or 4 bucks at Target's black friday last year.... Ugh.

congrats on no binkies and no diapers. yippee

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com