Tuesday, December 16, 2008

its the thought that counts~

RIGHT?
recently we have been working a lot with the boys on manners.
things like saying excuse me, sorry thing like that.
my new thing is trying to get them to throw things away when they are done.
usually i just clean up after them, however i decided that it is time for them to start doing it.
so on nights that we use paper plates, i ask them to put their silverware in the sink and throw their plates away in the trash.
as we have been working on that, i have noticed that our utensil count has decreased.
tonight kael slept through dinner. when he woke up later, he asked me to make him a hot dog.
i made him a hot dog, put it on a paper plate, gave him a fork and set it on the table.
i then went into the living room.
i heard kael enjoying his hot dog. then i heard him get down from the table and run to the trash.
this was very exciting for me because i did not have to prompt him at all.
he ran to the living room and yelled.. "TRASH"!!
i said "did you put you stuff in the trash?"
kael replied "YEP!"
so we gave a high five and i walked over to the trash.
sure enough there was his plate in the trash and his fork right on TOP!
guess i know where my silverware is going.
oh well its the thought that counts right?
but now i have a new project..making sure we are just throwing away disposable things!
------------------------------------------
side note: for those of you that do not live near us, GUESS WHAT!!
today we got at least six inches of snow and there is more coming from what i hear!
i am all for a white christmas, but this is to much white stuff for me!

4 comments:

Hartson family said...

Yes, I know this story all too well. While teaching Carley the difference between garbage and the sink I've found many spoons/forks in the trash and tissues and other garbage in the sink. Hey, they're trying! You're making progress and that's what counts.

Lisa said...

I would agree, that sounds like too much white snow! It worries me a little for our road trip out there.

Stacy said...

time for plastic forks!!!

Krista said...

I am still working on this with my kids ( anthony included;) I too am missing silverware,but that is just Anthony taking them to work and not bringing them back. Oh well ;)

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com