Sunday, December 14, 2008

happy birthday nanny~

this weekend we went to my moms house to attend my grandmothers surprise 80th birthday party! she was definitely surprised.(you can click HERE to see a video of her walking in) when she walked in she just kept saying things like "oh my goodness i can't believe your here". family had traveled from all over like florida and oklahoma to attend, so it was really fun to see her reaction.
i also enjoyed seeing some of my cousins that were there. the last time we had a large family gathering like this was when my grandfather passed away. i think that was 13 years ago. i was a sophomore in high school.
YIKES has it been that long??
anyways we all got to my moms house about an hour and a half before my grandmother was supposed to arrive. by the time she got there we were all huddled in the living room ready to sing happy birthday when she walked in!nanny walking in...being very surprised!!nanny with all of her kids
(steve, mo, paula, sue, nanny)(mo, michael, nanny)
micheal is one of the cousins i have not seen since my grandfather passed away. he was so much fun to talk with!(all of my unlce's sons- michael, mo, justin, marie, stephen)
obviously mo and marie not my unlce's sons =)

my cousins paula and kelly with their husbands frankie and jason.my uncle steve with his boys and nanny. he has a daughter also, but she was not able to be there =(

here is our group. every family tried to get a shot with nanny. so its garran and i with our boys. my mom and george and my sister sara! notice kael has a mouth full of meatball!!

last but not least, the big moment of the night. nanny having everyone sing happy birthday to her. we were all laughing because no one could find birthday candles so we stuck tooth picks in the cake and lit those. as you can see cullan was front and center ready to help her blow them out. i think he was more excited about the cake than anyone at the party. he even asked if he could have some for breakfast the next morning.

so after all that here are some reasons that DECEMBER 13TH is such a special day!!

1. nanny turned 80! woo hoo

2. it is my parents anniversary!!

3. garran proposed to me on december 13th 5 years ago.

4. they captured Saddam Husein. bet you were not expecting that one. but garran and i always joked about it happening on the day he proposed!

all in all we had a great time and hope that nanny had a very happy birthday!!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com