Monday, May 26, 2008

Local Damage

I needed to take a break from packing and cleaning and so I loaded the boys up in the car and went for a little drive. I obviously could not go into the towns where the tornados hit because they were baracaded off for just the residence to get in. I think that was a good thing to give the people time to collect what was left without tons of people watching and carrying on. So we tried to stay out of the way and stay on country roads. This is just some of the damage and we were just where the outside of the tordnado was. This little town is about ten minutes from where we live now.
You can see where the tornado just took the tops off of the trees.
You can see the cement slab where the farm house used to be.
That is a tractor trailor in the background.
This is the same shot just a little closer.
Again you can see the bottom of the trees. It was just amazing what a tornado can do.
These poor people lost their roof.
These two pictures just make me so sad. The top one is where their house was. The bottom one is the top of their house clear over by the road. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at.
Sadly this is a family's house that goes to church with us. I just can't imagine. She is nine months pregnant and they were going to move in July. My heart just goes out to them.
This picture just amazes me. Their cars where in their garage. You can see the bottom of their garage door still in place. That is just incredible. I still can not get over the damage.

This was another house that just took my breath away. You can see the little girls room and her bed. It looks like the side of their house was just ripped off. So strange. The house next door to this one was completely fine. No damage at all. It is just so scary how a tornado can hit one house and completely destroy it and then skip right over another one.

Hopefully no one is upset by this blog. I just thought I would post pictures because I could not get over the damage. I know that the family that we went to church with is safe and that they are being taken care of. I am thankful for that. They will be in our prayers!

2 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

WOW that is amazing. I mean you see it on the news, but not to this extent. I'm so glad ya'll are safe, and is there anything we can do for these people?

Megan said...

That is so sad. I'm glad you guys are ok though!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com