Sunday, May 18, 2008

How to be~

Today I was at church and one of the lessons touched on how we are given gifts/talents to help us raise our children. Immdiately I started to think of what mine may be. I always think it is easy to look around the room and see the women that you know and think oooh she is really good at that with her kids or ohh i wish i was more like that with my kids. But the fact is that my kids have me and not those other wonderful ladies. I was thinking that I am sure I have gifts/talents that help me to be a mom to both of the boys, but today as I was sitting through the lesson I thought that I could do alot more to improve on those to be better. I always have good intentions but am not always the best at following through. If I could give myself a title that would be it. QUEEN OF GOOD INTENTIONS! I try to do what I have planned but it does not always work out. I need to be better at that. So anyways that is my new goal for the month of June! I am going to try and follow through with my good intentions which I am hoping will make me a better mom but will also help me reach one of my other goals which is to be more service oriented. (I think this post was more for me than any of you.. I think I just needed to clear my head.. ever had those days?)


4 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

While this blog was for you, I felt compelled to comment. You are a GREAT Mom! One attribute of yours I have always admired is your excitement to expose the boys to new things/places, even if it is a lot of work for you. You take them to parks, the pool, Des Moines, heck...even the East Coast when they were both under two! You do what is best for your boys no matter if it requires self-sacrifice. That makes you a terrific Mom.

Rebecca said...

I have lots of those days. And I think we all should have a goal of being a better Mom and also a more service oriented woman. Thanks for the reminder.

Christi said...

I agree with Mandy. You do a lot of stuff that requires a lot of effort that I get tired just thinking about. And I agree with Rebecca, too.

Krista said...

I agree with Mandy, but I have to add that I think you are giving them a head start for school! All the Art and crafts you do are helping their little brains grow and they love you for it! You are a fun mom!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com