Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Sargento!

Happy 28th Sargento!
Well I guess everyone can tell what today is. That's right, it is my hubby's birthday! It's funny because I was talking about him with my mom the other night. I thought my mom described him the best I had heard in a while. She said Sargento is always like a breath of fresh air. I have to agree. He is always just himself. Very honest, very true to who he is, and not really concerned with what others think. That may not sound like a big deal but I think that it is. I think because he is secure with who he is, it allows him to be one of the most fun people to be around. He is so funny and smart, but loves to act like a little kid right along with our boys. I think that is one of the things I love the most about him. He is so great with the boys.
It's funny, I know that I have heard some of my other friends say this too, but even though I have only known him for 6 years, sometimes when I look back it is hard to imagine that he was not right there with me. Sometimes I think that it is funny we had ended up together. I know I have posted our engagement story so I won't share that again, but when he first got back we could just say their were a few people fighting for his attention. He was this cute guy that had just gotten back from Brazil. All of the girls wanted to get to know him and I thought I did not want any part of that. I have never been one to get in a cat fight over a guy! So he was home for about a year, and then I guess it finally clicked for both of us that maybe we should go out with each other since we had a lot in common and always enjoyed each others company! Well that day that he asked me out has made all the difference in my world and I am eternally grateful for him.
Happy Birthday Honey!
I love you!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It is very crazy how it seems like we've known our husbands FOREVER!! :) Have a fun day!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com