Sunday, February 17, 2008

Made a Plan..Packed a Bag... What a Great Surprise!!!

Garran and I desperately needed to have some time to reconnect recently. We love our boys dearly but I am sure that any couple can relate to this. We have gone on dates here and there but have never left the boys overnight anywhere. (Minus my multiple surgeries last year.. I guess I dont consider a dark hospital room and an IV a great date) Well I decided it was time for me to cut lose of my crazy phobies about not being around my kids and suprise my hubby with a well deserved date night and brake!
Here was my secret plan... I called my mother in law in advance and asked her if she could take the boys overnight.. She said she would and was excited when I explained my Valentines Day suprise for Garran. She said she play along if she spoke with him.
I told Garran that my gift to him would be a quiet dinner out without the kids. I told him some friends of ours were watching the boys and that I would meet him at the resturant at 5:00pm. Before he left I gave him the first of many cards that led him on a scavenger hunt and reminded him of things that had to do with when we were dating.
The final stop was at the hotel that we spent our little honeymoon at. We love this place. It is like a log cabin and has fireplaces,hot tubs,and on this night came complete with snow! Completely wonderful for relaxing!
Garran was so suprised and said it was the best Valentines Gift I could have got him! We had such a great time. We both said we could not remember the last time that we had so much fun laughing and talking.. It was great to find the guy that I used to have so much fun dating and bring him back to life. Some times I think the stress of life can make those fun people inside us disappear!

4 comments:

Krista said...

I am dying to do this!!! I do not have family around though and asking anyone else just seems wrong. Good for youguys! Hope you had a wonderful time.

Jolley's said...

How fun and romantic.

erica youngblut said...

What a great wife you are! I'm glad you got a moment to yourselves!

Rebecca said...

That sounds so great. If someday things don't work out with Garran, you could come stay with me! :)

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com