Thursday, February 21, 2008

A False Sense of Hope!

I was flipping through channels the other night and saw that American Idol was on. I was watching the girls perform and noticed that as they would sing I would sing along with them or at comercial I would be singing different little clips of songs because I can never remeber the whole thing. Anyways all of a sudden I came to a realization this is it:
"American Idol give me the false hope or false confidence to make it seem ok for me to sing in my living room."
Now I say this because once reality comes back.. I know that I can not sing. I am horrible. Kael even cried as an infant when I would try to sing him to sleep. Literally he would stop when I stopped and would start when I did. I told Garran about my new realization and he said I think you have figured out what I have been wondering forever. He said he always wondered why these people would go on this show and sing horribly but think that they were great. He is convinced that the show is to blame. He said that these people fell into the same transe that I did singing in my living room and no one corrected them and so they went on the show thinking they were really great. Oh you sneaky American Idol - my family does not thank you for my singing in the living room!
ps. Do you guys ever watch the audience of American Idol. They are like weird expressionless robots that just sway back and forth, or clap to the beat . They are very strange!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com