Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gillespies at the hospital.. Watch out!!

OK so I went in Monday for my back surgery. For those of you that check this, things went well. I am in pain but a much different kind and this pain is much more manageable. Anyways things as always got off to a great start when I arrived at the hospital. I thought to myself, we really have unusual luck I guess you could say. When I arrived to check in, I was going over my paperwork and they had me listed as a single male. I had to laugh when the nurse did not believe me. I said well there are few things wrong on this paper, she replied no there are not. I said yes there are, I am most definitely not a single male. I am a married woman. So we got that switched and then headed back to where they do the pre-op interviews. While we were there I got changed into my gown and everything and Garran decided that he needed to use the rest room. So he was in the restroom for a few minutes and all of a sudden the bell starts dinging for the nurse to help whom ever is in the bathroom. I almost died laughing. The nurse went to the bathroom door and knocked and asked if Garran needed some help to which he replied with a very funny NO! I was laughing so hard that the nurse had to hand me some Kleenex. We all were pretty tickled. The nurse even let out a little laugh. it was pretty funny. Anyways the surgery went really well. It only took about 50 minutes to do the actual surgery part. This was me in recovery.
I was all puffed up with pillows tucked everywhere and only somewhat comfortable. But anyways the other very funny thing but I have to admit extremely embarrassing thing that happened was that after my surgery my surgeon came around to check my strength and incision. Well the were all just fine but while he was checking my strength he was leaning over the bed I accidentally kicked him where no man really likes to be kicked. It was horrible, what was even worse was that we were the only two that had realized what had happened. So there was this awkward pause in our conversation and then we just proceeded as if nothing had happened. Oh it was embarrassing. But i got to leave today and come home. I was very happy for that. It is tuff being home because the kids do not understand that I can not hold them. But oh well. Cullan really enjoys my new breathing machine that they sent me home with. It is to keep me from getting pnemonia. Garran thought it would be funny to get a picture of me doing it, so everyone can enjoy it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

yay Meghan! We are so happy that you are home and doing so well!!! (and I was going to agree that if I could be half naked on a table eating candy corn, that just might be heaven.)

Stacy said...

Hey there Sugarplum... okay... now I don't know where THAT came from! But, I'm glad that you are feeling better... call me if you need anything... seriously! Hey... we could have matching breathing machine pictures! YEAH! WE COULD BE TWINSIES!!! Okay... I'm seriously in a weird mood! I need to call you and tell you a funny story about my mom!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com