Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A day at the Hospital.......

Well today we were on our way to the hospital where I am going to have my surgery next week. Cullan of course was watching Cars.... (seriously I know it is a problem) Anyways I had to take a picture of this because it was so stinking funny. As you can see Cullan is super happy watching his DVD. This however was Kael. Completely dejected because he could not see the screen. Does his face not just say it all. I could not help but giggle when I saw the face that Kael was making. It just looked so defeated. Like Argg he never lets me see that stupid movie. Very Funny. Anyways, I went to the hospital today for what I thought was going to be pre-op blood work. Yeah I guess that they had a little more in store for me than I thought. I got there and they did blood work, blood pressure, x-ray, and and EKG. I will not go into detail, but I will say it was a very awkward experience having the ekg.
Any of you out there that have had one I am sure know what I am talking about. Anyways it was a full day. But I just have to say how cute Cullan was at one point. When the nurse went to get the blood pressure cuff, Cullan stuck his arm out, and knew exactly what it was for. I was so impressed because the nurse had not gestured toward anything relating to anyones arm. He is a smart little whipper snapper. He really wanted her to do it to him, which she did. Then she did it to me. Blood Pressure is great just for those who are wondering! Anyways Cullan clapped at the end of each time. The nurse was very impressed. She oohed and ahhed over him, which of course he enjoyed. Then on the way out a lady commented to Cullan that he must be a great big brother. He shot her won of his great smiles and then reached over in the double stroller and grabbed Kael's face laying a big one right on his cheek. Boy he was a HAM today. But it was very cute!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com