Thursday, August 9, 2007

CONFORMITY


I have been thinking about this topic for quit some time and about how this word has been popping into my brain lately. As you can tell from this picture my little family is far from boring. We tend to like to play and be silly and have fun. However due to some recent events, I have thought about how sometimes I wish that my little family fit in more to some of those around us, so that maybe we would fit in a little better. However after going over this in my head for a long, long time I have decided that being a little crazy is ok. It makes life interesting. I don't think that it is good to always conform to fit a certain mold. If you fit it already great and hey you are probably crazy and zany in your own way. I am a firm believer in just being yourself. Accept your craziness and embrace it with open arms =) This does not mean that our family does not follow a moral standard or things of that nature, in that respect I guess we do fit a mold, or have conformed to what we believe to be true. I guess I am just saying that I feel as if I am done making excuses in my head for things that we do that might not be viewed as the thing to do to "fit in".
This blog may not make a whole lot of sense to anyone. It is more me just doing a little cleaning house of my thoughts. I feel better after venting. All for now, my crazy and not so crazy friends! =)
The perfect analogy to sum up my thoughts was given to me by my husband. "You can shake up the Italian dressing, but eventually it will separate back to it's two parts." Then he jokingly said " And we are the zesty part!"

1 comment:

mo said...

Always remember.....It's not what you have, it's who YOU are and how you treat others that will always shine through!!! A wise lady told me to always remember, "Treat others the way that you would like to be treated".

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com