Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Yeager's Farm

Today Cullan's kindergarten class went on their first field trip of the year. 
They went to Yeager Farms, which right now is a pumpkin farm. 
I was not sure if I was going to be able to go or not but thanks to a friend taking the girls I was able  to surprise Cullan and just be there when he showed up. 
Here is the bus that the PTA reserved for the trip. 
The kids were super excited about the bus. 
I think they thought that it was just as cool as the pumpkin patch.
At this point Cullan still had no clue I was there.
 The bus parked by these cute little apples. I snapped a picture because I thought they were fun.
Here is Cullan coming off the bus. He was not even paying any attention. He completely missed me standing there with some of the other moms. I loved the look on his face when he saw me. I did not get a picture of that, but it was sweet. 
This is Farmer Tom and his wife. Apparently after talking to some of the other moms, they are local favorites that have been around for years. They knew a lot of the moms by name. I am guessing from frequent visits each year with their families. 
They were a very nice couple.
They had a bunch of cute things that were perfect for pictures. Of course Cullan had no interest at the time. He was with all of his friends.
I thought this one was really cute. I would love to take all the kids back some weekend soon. I think it would be fun and that they would have a blast. Plus I would love to get some fun pictures with all there fun fall stuff.
  Cullan waiting in line with his class to go into the play land. 
I have to say their play land was pretty cool.  
 They had all of these fun wooden things for the kids to play on along with a petting zoo and corn maze. Of course as soon as Cullan went in, he made a B-line for the train. 
He kept saying "Looks like Ice up ahead", yeah a little to much polar express!
They also had this cool Pirate ship. Cullan loved to pretend he was steering the ship!
There was a castle as well, but for some reason I did not get a picture of that.
I was surprised Cullan wanted his picture taken with this. But he was so cute sticking his little head in there. You could pick any of the animals to be. All of their heads fold down. Guess he felt like being a goat!
 After the kids played for a while, Farmer Tom came to pick them up to take them to the pumpkin patch.
 Everyone piled onto the "Pumpkinville Express" to go pick out a pumpkin!
 This is Cullan with about 1/2 of his class. The other half were on the first wagon. The lady in the plaid shirt is Mrs. Brady. She is a really great teacher. 
 I had fun meeting all of Cullan's friends and he was busy telling me all about them on the hayride. 
 Woo HOO!!
The Pumpkin Patch!
I was completely impressed that each kid got to pick out a pumpkin to take home and that they were not those tiny little ones. What you see in the picture is roughly the pumpkins they were picking from. Cullan picked a pretty pumpkin that was nice and round. I had to leave a little early to pick up Kael from Preschool, so I did not get a picture of Cullan with his pumpkin at the patch. Oh well. It was a lot of fun. I know Cullan had a great time and asked when we were going to be able to go back with our family. I was so thankful that my friend could watch the girls so that I could be with Cullan. I have looked forward to being able to doing stuff like this for a while. I miss him now that he is gone all day and this is a fun way that I can get to see him and do fun things with him!! 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

neat place! And that bus is the coolest I've ever seen.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com