Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday Fun!

Cullan's birthday fell on a Monday this year. So we picked him up as a family from school and let him go to Walmart to pick out a birthday with some birthday money that he had received. He decided on this neon green Ben 10 Alien watch. He could give you all the details about it. I am not to familiar with it. All I know is that when you spin the dial and it makes noises, you morph into something else. He is really excited, so we were really excited for him.
 After Walmart, we got some dinner. Cullan's choice of course. Then we headed home. I had decided to play pin the tail on the donkey for fun but also as a way to give him his gift. This year we decided to just do one big gift. So I had to make the presentation fun. Kael got a scavenger hunt...So I needed something new. 
 Cullan got to go first. Here he is getting his blindfold on. 
 They all were laughing and having so much fun trying to get that tail on the donkey. 
 Here is Kael. I think he might be trying to sneak a peak like Cullan did the first time. We caught on and fixed it so they could not see ;0)
 Next was Briea. She did not get that she had to leave the blind fold on after she was done spinning. She would spin, tear it off, and put her sticker on. 
 Then it was Daddy's turn. The kids always love when we get in on the fun. Especially Kael. 
I had a turn, but there are no pictures to prove it. We all had a few more turns and then finally we got to the big reveal. I had Cullan put the blindfold on again and while I was spinning him, Garran went out to the garage and got his bike. After I was done spinning him, he started to walk towards the donkey poster but bumped into his bike instead!
 He was pretty excited. He has wanted a new bike for a while. Ayla was pretty excited as well. She was really interested in the bike and even tried to climb on once or twice.
 Here is the birthday boy ready to roll!!
I had made all of these big plans to make Cullan a cake while he was at school. However, Sunday night I sliced my finger and ended up in the ER getting stitches. So my hand was really hurting Monday and I decided at the last minute to do a store bought cake. 
However I totally got cool points with Cullan for finding him a Power Rangers birthday cake on short notice. 
He is very much into Power Rangers right now.
I was happy I could find something that he liked because I could tell he was a little bummed that I was not going to make a homemade cake. Especially after Kael's birthday, and the fun we had making his cake. 
Of course we did our traditional birthday singing. You would think with as many birthdays as we have in October we would master all the songs. However that is just not the case. Someday we will get them all right. 


Happy Birthday to our AWESOME 6 year old!!
We love you Cullan!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday, Cullan! You are getting so big!!! Sweet wheels!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com