Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Fun

Well we celebrated Ayla's birthday last night. I had forgot that I had signed up to have the sisters over from our church a while back. So they just got to join in on the fun!
(I have been sort of scatterbrained lately.)
Here is the birthday Girl!
 For dinner we had all of her favorite foods. So we had apples, grapes, cheese, crackers, chicken and tator tots. It was kind of an odd meal, but Ayla seem to love it. After that it was time for the cake.
I know it looks huge. It was really not that big. I used a very small cake pan. The original idea was that it was going to look like a big candle. however, i got behind visiting teaching, and running errands, so this is what I came up with. Its ok. Not my best. But Ayla was happy, so that is what was important.
 When we cut into the cake. Ayla got the first piece, and then we went to cut some for these ladies....well the whole side fell off. So I just put it on a plate and gave it to them. It was pretty funny.
 Kael waiting patiently for his piece of cake. He is wearing daddy's work glasses that he wears in the shop.
 Next was present time. I think we could have just given Ayla the bag and she would have been fine with that. She loves bags. But there was fun stuff inside. It just took her a minute to figure out how to get into it. She ended up having some help from her older siblings.
 Ayla playing with her birthday presents.
 Briea enjoying some of her party "BLING"! All of the girls at the part go a ring of the cake!
 I found these cute little tissue paper puffs online and thought they would make a cute decoration. I think I will use them again for other things. They are pretty in large quantities!!
It was a fun night, with a lot of laughs!!
Happy First Birthday to Our Sweet Lizzy Lu!!
(she did get the traditional birthday song, but we are still having problems uploading videos)

3 comments:

Britt said...

Kael looks so much like Garran in that picture.

Mandy said...

Happy birthday Ayla! I can't believe you're one! More than that, I can't believe I've never gotten to see her in person! I NEED to get there soon!

Stacy said...

Holy cow....... I can't believe she's one already! Looks like it was a fun time. Love Kael in the glasses waiting for the cake to explode or something!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com