Friday, September 2, 2011

the little things

Sometimes it really is the little things that can make such a big difference. 
As you know, September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month.
I am sure it can be overwhelming when wondering what you can do to help. I know I have felt that way watching my friends go through this with their son. I can not always give financially to the cause, but I can give of my time and effort. 
So here is what I decided. I saw that Stacy (Ollie's Mom) had decorated their van to be almost a mobile billboard. I loved the idea. I thought to myself, This is something I can do!!
This cost me $2.95 and about 5 minutes of my time. I plan on leaving it on our van throughout the month of September. I bought these Crayola window crayons. They worked AWESOME!! I have the window markers through crayola as well, but they did not show up that great. 
Anyways, my point is that you never know who may see this message and be willing to give. 
Down in the corner of our van it says, "Every Day Matters". 
It really does to these kids. 
So what is 30 Days of driving around with a great message on my van.
Nothing.
Please consider getting the word out about Pediatric Cancer. It really is under funded in comparison to other cancer research.
 I was on the website today called, I Could Be Your Child.
I just sat on the couch and sobbed. It could be my child. I remember so vividly having the conversation with Stacy before Oliver went to get that first MRI. 
We were sitting together chatting and she said she felt nervous, what if his cross eye was from a tumor. We both dismissed it and said no way. I am sure we were both thinking, that could never be my child.
But it was. 
It could easily be.
There are so many silly things that get reposted on facebook and other social networking areas. Why not take the time to do some good and get a good message out in what ever way you feel comfortable. 
I know it would mean the world to all those families struggling with this horrible disease.

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com