Friday, September 9, 2011

"Sorry Mommy"


Haven't we all been here?
Shopping with one or multiple kids. 
I usually, almost always have at least one if not two in the cart and two wandering around with me.
Well today I only had three. Cullan was at school. Easier right??
WRONG!
We had almost finished our shopping and we are waiting for our van to get finished because we were having the oil changed. I remember that there is one more thing that I wanted to look at and it was over by the automotive section anyways. So we are heading over that way. In order to get there we have to pass through the crowded school supply area. Ayla is in to the top seat of the cart, Briea is in the bigger section  and Kael is walking. I tell him to stick right by me and we start heading that way. I have to admit that I was moving at a pretty good pace. I am not always a crowd person and I did not want to get stuck in this mess of people slowly checking out all the school stuff. So we make it about half way through the school section when all of a sudden I feel as if I have become one of those cartoon characters that can't seem to control their feet. I was all over the place. (Let me remind you I was moving at a good pace to get through the school section.) So all of a sudden, my feet have a mind of their own. I can feel eyes slowly turning and staring at me. I am clinging to the cart for dear life and occasionally grasping out for a shelf or something. It is like I have hit some kind of oil slick and I know it is only a matter of time before I am down for the count. Of course as all of this is happening, it feels as though I am moving in slow motion, and the one thing that I do remember clearly is that Briea's eyes were about silver dollar size as she watched me twist and flail, grasping on to the cart as I kept moving forward. My excitement started by pens and pencils and ended by notebooks. I felt as though I should almost turn around and take a bow due to the crowd that I had drawn with my wild movements. Instead, I make sure I have good footing and continue around the corner only to look down at Briea holding a bottle of lotion. She looks up at me and says "Sar-wee Mommy". She had sat in the buggy and started pumping lotion on to the floor. As I was walking, I had hit her lovely path and performed a number for the people in Walmart that they will not soon forget.

(Imagine me bowing at this point)
I have survived yet another embarrassing moment!!

5 comments:

ALTA said...

oh my goodness! your kids are so freakin funny! I hope i have funny stories like that someday!

Lisa said...

Tears came to my eyes I was laughing so much when I read this post. :D

Christi said...

oh, meghan... crazy. you have the most...interesting experiences. Don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Mandy said...

Mattie and I are laughing so hard at this right now! I hope tomorrow is better!

Erin Lohr said...

This made my laugh out loud!! My co-worker is looking at me like I'm crazy as I try to answer the phone without giggling!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com