Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kindergarten...

How did we get here?
 He was just my baby the other day. That is how it feels anyways. I swear that I was just bringing him home from the hospital and being paranoid about anyone holding him, watching him, touching him. Now he is not with me for most of the day! Sigh. Time just keeps on ticking I guess. 
(I know he looks in pain in the picture above. It was really cold this morning, but he insisted on wearing shorts.)
 normally i would just drop Cullan off at school, but today I walked up with him. They have two lines for the kindergarten classes. Here is Cullan in his line with all his supplies.
 He was so excited. He did not stop talking the whole time we were in line. Right after I took this picture they told us it was time to go in to the class. 
 Here is his locker that he shares with two other children. 
And here he is with his class and teacher doing opening exercises. They finished and then the excused the parents. I was fine up until that point. The tears started rolling when Mrs. B said, ok turn around and  wave good bye to your parents.
I decided I could not handle staying for the boo hoo breakfast since I was already boo hooing. So I just left. Plus Garran had class. 
So most of you that know us, know that we rarely have a big event or an event in general without some humorous story to go with it. 
So here is how our morning went. 
We get up, get everyone dressed. Double check to make sure that we have everything on the list in the backpack. Garran does school/father blessings and we have a quick dance party before we leave. 
Cullan and I went to the school together. I could tell he was so excited. If I was unsure about that I would have figured it out. At the first stop light I hear this from the back of the van. "Mom, can't this van go any faster, I am not getting any younger back here.". I simply reply that I have to follow the traffic rules...to which I get a sigh.
Then we go and do the line up outside, the walk into the classroom, and the sad goodbye.
Then around 11:00ish I am talking to a friend that also has a son that started kindergarten but that is in the other class. She says to me, "Where was Cullan today? Is he OK?". I say "What do you mean?". She then proceeds to tell me that while she was at the boo hoo breakfast, one of the aides came in asking if Cullan was in there. Of course I am instantly thinking, what WHAT!! they don't know where my kid is???
So I call Garran and explain the conversation to him, because he is the more level headed one when it comes to things like this. To my surprise he told me to call the school immediately and make sure they knew where Cullan was. 
So I call the school and explain the situation. The receptionist that I spoke to sounded concerned, which did not instill confidence and then she left me on hold FOREVER!
Finally a completely different women picked up and was very pleasant. She said there had been a misunderstanding. Apparently about 10 minutes after I left, Cullan got a real gusher of a nose bleed. They went to the boo hoo breakfast looking for me not him.
I guess he got blood all over his shorts and they wanted me to bring him a change of clothes. However, then they checked his backpack and saw that I had packed the emergency clothes they had asked for so they did not call.
Mystery Solved. Heart Attack Averted.
I picked Cullan up after school and he was ecstatic. His teacher said that he did amazing. Even with the bloody nose. She said he had a great day.
He told me that he made a friend, only one, but that I should not feel bad for him because he was happy with just one friend for right now. 
He is such a funny kid. 
This was only a half day.
We will see how the first whole day goes tomorrow!

1 comment:

Christi said...

awesome!!! give him a high five for me would you? What a great kid!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com