Wednesday, December 9, 2009

looking back

due to the fact that i am stuck in my house, not really feeling the urge to clean to much, i decided to take a walk down memory lane. i started randomly clicking on old blog post. it was fun to see the kids when they were so much smaller and read all the funny things that they had done. so in my doing this i came across one that had me laughing so hard that i was almost in tears reading it. i remember this day very vividly. it was

JANUARY 11 2008.
titled:Say Goodbye to your Audience Cullan!
(here is my blog entry from that day. ENJOY. it is a good laugh)
Despite my not feeling very well, Garran and I had to run one important errand before he went in to work today. We had to go to the DMV to renew our tags and update our license. Of course we did not pick the best time. It was nap time for both of the boys, however it was really the only time that we could both be there today. Anyways we got in line and waited for our numbers. Well we got the first half of our business taken care of with getting our tags renewed. Then we had to go get back in line to get another number to get our license updated. Well Garran was 238 and I was 239. Of course they do not take debit and we had no cash so we had to write a check. I told Garran to tell the lady at the counter to just wait until I went up there and I would pay for both of us because I did not want to have to write three different checks. However when Garrans number was called, my body decided to call me in a different direction. That's right, I had to make a desperate run to the restroom. (Cullan had to go with me because Garran had Kael) So I am dragging Cullan down the hallway (our dmv is in our mall, and the closest bathroom was in Sears) I am desperately looking for a bathroom and just barely make it in there. Well of course by the time I get back, I have lost my place in line, but Garran is holding up the line because I took the check book with me in my flee to the bathroom. So I have to wait until they call my number and try and deal with the lady who is holding up the line while I explain to her that I do not want to have to write three checks in one place. Finally she just processed mine and let me move on to the picture station with Garran. Ok by this time the kids are loosing it. We had been waiting not forever but a while in their world. It was very hot and not very kid friendly. Cullan started getting very cranky and all we had brought in was our little umbrella stroller due to space issues. So we decided to take Kael out of the stroller and put Cullan in while waiting to take our photos. Well this does not go over well. Cullan absolutely losses it. He starts crying and trying to work his way out of the stroller. By this time Garrans name had been called and he is trying to take his picture while holding Kael. After taking his picture I suggest to Garran that he take the boys to the car and I will take my picture and be out there shortly. Apparently Cullan was in agreement with our idea. He was still crying but had wiggled his way to get his feet on the ground and was walking out of the DMV dragging our umbrella stroller still hooked to his waist. All I could do was laugh. Here we were standing in front of everyone working and waiting in the DMV. Everyone was staring at us, and all I could do was die laughing. I mean the scene was extremely funny. As Garran walked out following Cullan he passed the waiting area where people were watching some laughing and some looking disgusted. Garran says to Cullan loud enough for some to hear I am sure "Say Goodbye to your audience Cullan, take a Bow!" Oh I am glad that I could laugh about this, feeling horrible and all. Needless to say that was our only errand for the day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's so good that you could laugh about that, especially at the time!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com