Wednesday, April 22, 2009

i have a problem~

i think that something is wrong. i think that i might have lost something. maybe within the last 5-8 years. let me explain:
the other day the weather was finally warm and we could actually drive with the windows down. i decided to leave the kids with garran and go get the van washed and cleaned out. (that is one of my secret pleasures..a clean car!!) anyways i took out all the car seats and headed to the car wash. as i was driving i decided to roll down the windows and turn up the music. i was singing along having fun and even thinking to myself that having warm weather made me feel so much better. it made me feel more energetic and just better in general. so i pull up to the car wash and get everything cleaned and ready to go. as i am leaving i roll the windows back down and turn the radio back up. (by the way, just for the record i wasn't listening to "oldies", i was listening to music that is popular now) so i pull up to the light which happens to be next to a burger king. i am singing along and sadly dancing too. all of a sudden i look over and there is a group of about 5-6 teenage girls. i am guessing they were about 14-15 years old. anyways they were laughing at me and suddenly a very real realization hit me...
i am a mom of three, DRIVING A MINI VAN, and i just might not be cool anymore.
could this have really happened. could i have lost my cool somewhere in the last few years or should i just chalk it up to teenagers can be mean... even that makes me sound old=)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are still cool...just not as cool as you used to be. And when you get caught rockin' out to Hannah Montana (and you know all the words and think she is pretty funny) then you know your day has come. Not that I would know anything about that. :)

Jeanie Doll said...

Whatever! When they are old enough to know what is actually cool the teenagers will be laughing at them. :)

Jolley's said...

I still think you are cool=)

Frisbies Forever said...

I think 12-18 yr olds are most decidedly uncool, so whomever rises above the juvenile attitudes is cool. BTW, that makes you cool and them lame.

Sara said...

Um...You're the coolest big sister...EVER!!!

Anonymous said...

Just think of that saying from Fried Green Tomatoes - honey, you've got a lot more insurance than they do!

lisalisa said...

Are you kidding me? I'll bet you ROCKED that minivan!!!!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com