Monday, August 18, 2008

ok this is a mom moment~

ok so this is a post that is really just for me. i get excited about stupid things. however this one i came home from the store today and even sargento said he was somewhat impressed with my new skill. ok so for most of you, you have probably figured this out a long time ago. sometimes i am a little slow on the uptake.
so i was inspired by john and kate plus 8. i love that they feed their hugh family very healthy food and all on a relatively small budget. i think she said she spends about $150.00 dollars a week. so i thought if she can do it so can i. the first week was kind of a bust. i planned out our meals had kind of some big ones, still working the kinks out and spent about $102.00. So then for the next three weeks i kind of found my grove, started planning my meals better, including fun yet healthy snacks for the kids with a splurge of ice cream or something ever now and then.. guess what my total has been each week for the last three weeks!!! well are you guessing.
here ya go.. $50.00!! (well usually between 50.00 & 55.00) depends on if we have to stock up on some essentials! like i said that includes all meals, snacks, fruit, and to top it off i do not use coupons because i do not get the paper. im so excited.. i am hoping this will help our budget and i am it actually makes me enjoy grocery shopping because i am always trying to see if i can keep it right at that mark.
ok like i said this post is more just because i am excited about my accomplishment.. i doubt anyone really cares about our grocery shopping habits!

6 comments:

Christi said...

oh you are so wrong. OF COURSE we want to know your secret. Why don't you just share your meal plans with us and we can all be Super Shoppers? You ROCK!

Naomi said...

That is awesome! I need you tell me how you do that. Lets chat sometime!

Jeanie Doll said...

Yikes! We spend at least $100 a week and we don't have kids.

Frisbies Forever said...

We care. We love to get advice on making meals healthier and less moola. We are building a greenhouse to help with the grocery bill, especially since #10 is on the way.

jej said...

TEACH ME!!! TEACH ME!!

Want to teach an Enrichment night?! :)

the freestone6 said...

that sounds awesome! I would love to see how you planned for snack and everythig. I do a meal plan but always seem to not have stuff for lunch and snacks.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com